tiedex.co.uk Diamond & Jewellery Information
All diamonds supplied by Tiedex.co.uk are as follows: Clarity to be VS2 or better, colour to be I or better as outlined above on the Industry Grading Guide.
Very very slightly included
Very slightly Included
I1 I2 I3
Very light Yellow
Light yellow to fancy Yellow
D E F
G H I J
K L M
N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z
Diamond Education: The 4 C's Diamonds: Carat, Cut, Colour & Clarity
Carat (Weight & Size)
- The weight or size of a diamond is measured in carats (ct.).
- One carat = 100 points.
- Half carat = 50 points.
- Quarter carat = 25 points.
- The heavier and larger the diamond, the more rare it usually is.
Cut (A good cut brings out more sparkle)
- Cut is not the shape of a diamond - it only refers to the arrangement of a diamonds facets.
- When cut to good proportions, the diamond is better able to handle light, and creates more brilliance and more sparkle.
- A well-cut diamond will always look brilliant, no matter what setting it's in.
Colour (Colourless is extremely rare)
- Diamonds come in a range of natural colours, from totally colourless to shades of yellow or brown.
- A completely colourless diamond is most rare.
- Colour is a personal choice - choose your diamond based on how its subtle shade appeals to you.
Clarity (Perfectly clear is a rare find)
- Most diamonds contain very tiny inclusions that make them unique.
- The fewer and smaller the inclusions, the rarer the diamond.
- To determine a diamond's clarity, it is examined under 10 x magnification by a trained eye.
Tiedex makes purchasing the highest quality diamonds easy by offering only the industry's highest quality diamonds at the lowest possible price. Our long-standing relationship with our suppliers guarantees we get the best selection at the best value. Tiedex's experienced buying team works with our suppliers evaluating and hand-selecting each diamond for its quality and brilliance. Our gem laboratory or an independent laboratory then inspects every diamond to ensure it meets the strictest quality standards in the industry in carat, cut, colour and clarity. You can be confident your purchase is as special to us as it is to you.
Jewellery items that include a single diamond of 1.25 carat or larger come with a GIA® diamond grading report and an IGI® appraisal. Whereas single diamonds from 1.00 to 1.24 carat come with an IGI® appraisal only.
Tiedex makes purchasing pearls simple and easy by offering only the industry's highest quality pearls at the lowest possible price. Because there is no standardised grading system for pearls, Tiedex does not list grades on our pearl items. However, all of our pearls are inspected by the gem and pearl laboratory. Tiedex is able to ensure that the pearls have no obvious blemishes, have good lustre, and that the shape, colour, and sizes of the pearls match where applicable. Whether you are looking for Akoya Cultured, Freshwater, South Sea or Tahitian, Tiedex.co.uk has what you need.
Care & maintenance for your diamond jewellery
Diamonds are one of the hardest substances on earth, but they are still vulnerable to chips, dirt, dust, perspiration, makeup, and natural skin oils, as well as household chemicals, like chlorine and hairspray. With the proper care, cleaning, and storage, you can keep it looking as beautiful as the day you first received it. Always take extra care when wearing your jewellery in the kitchen or the bathroom, especially while cleaning. If you knock your diamond on a hard surface, the stone can become chipped or loose in its setting and you could risk losing your diamond. We recommend that you remove your diamond while cleaning, gardening, swimming and intense exercising.
We recommend having your diamond professionally cleaned and inspected once every six months by a qualified jeweller. This should include checking the mounting for loose stones, prong repair and inspecting the general condition of your jewellery.
To avoid dirty build-up from cosmetics, natural oils, dirt, soap, etc., periodic cleaning is suggested. This will keep the surface of your diamond brilliant and shiny. You can use professional or home-made cleaner. Diamond Cleaning Solution: 1 part ammonia to 6 parts water; gently hand-scrub with a soft-bristle brush.
Accidents do happen and we strongly recommend that you insure your diamond against loss, theft, and damage.