Route Insurance For International Shipment, Within the UK Already Protected,
Tiedex Limited Route protects shipments that are lost, broken, or stolen. Add Route to your cart at checkout to enable protection.
The route protects shipments that are lost, broken, or stolen. Add Route to your cart at checkout to enable protection.
Visit route.com for more information
https://route.com/, download the app for faster response and track your parcels on real movement
more details please visit
This insurance attaches from the time the goods insured commence transit and/or are located anywhere incidental to transit and continues during the ordinary course of transit until transportation terminates at the final destination or the Assured’s interest ceases, whichever occurs first.
To and from ports and or places in the World to ports and or places in the World with the privilege of transhipment by land and/or water; however, shipments to/from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan and truck/rail shipments to/from/within Mexico other than as a connecting conveyance are excluded entirely. Also includes domestic shipments within the United States and/or Canada. All other domestic shipments are excluded unless specifically endorsed hereon.
Regardless of the Duration of Risk clauses found elsewhere in this Policy, coverage for shipments to Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) ceases upon discharge from the ocean vessel or aircraft.
Limits of Liability
£250,000 Anyone vessel or conveyance per any one account of the Assured, except that in the following cases, this insurance shall not cover more than:
£5,000 Anyone package or shipment;
£2,500 Anyone package or shipment containing a laptop or tablet computer, mobile/smartphone or watch
• LAPTOP, TABLET COMPUTERS, MOBILE/SMARTPHONES OR WATCHES are insured against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage from any external cause, except for the exclusions listed below. However, the limit of liability for any one shipment shall not exceed £2,500.
Automobiles and Motorcycles Glass windows, plate glass and similar goods Bagged Goods Jewelry (valued more than £1,500) Boats & Yachts Live Animals Cash Lumber Ceramic, marble or granite tiles, slab blocks, countertops or statues Negotiable Papers Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Perishable Commodities Computer memory modules & Cards Pharmaceutical Drugs Raw Cotton Precious Stones and Metals Fine Arts (valued more than £10,000 per piece) Scrap Metal, Steel Metal and Steel Metal Products; Automotive Engines; General Used Automotive Merchandise Made of Metal Flowers Securities Fresh foods (excepting frozen beef and pork in refrigerated containers) Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
Claim Filing Requirements
Claims Reporting Time Frame(s)
It is understood and agreed that the following timelines for claims transmittal must be adhered to for a claim to be processed:
Claims for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier, where the status is “not delivered” must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for domestic shipments (and 20 days for international shipments) but not later than 30 days from the date the shipment was originally scheduled to be delivered.
• All other claims for loss or damage should be filed as soon as discovered but in no event later than 60 days from the purchase date.
• Claims for packages marked by the carrier as “delivered” yet not received by the customer must be filed within 5 days from the date and time shown by the carrier as delivered. Underwriters reserve the right to require proof of either a copy of a police report showing a report of theft or a security video recording showing evidence of theft.
General Coverage Exclusions
This coverage does not insure against any loss, damage or expense attributable to or caused by:
- Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the goods insured;
- Willful misconduct, infidelity, conversion or dishonest acts of the Assured, or the Assured's employees, whether committed alone or in collusion with others;
- Rust, oxidation or discolouration on unpacked and/or unprotected cargo;
- Loss of market or loss, damage, expense or deterioration arising from delay, whether caused by a peril insured against or otherwise;
- Inherent vice or nature of the goods insured;
- Insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, charterers, or operators of the vessel were, at the time of loading of the goods insured on board the vessel, the Assured is aware, or in the ordinary course of business should be aware, that such insolvency or financial default could prevent the normal prosecution of the voyage. This exclusion shall not apply where the contract of insurance has been assigned to the party claiming hereunder who has bought or agreed to buy the goods insured in good faith under a binding contract.
- Insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the goods insured to withstand the ordinary incidents of the insured transit, but only where such packing or preparation is carried out by the party presenting the claim for payment, or its employees, before the attachment of this insurance (for purposes of this clause, “packing” shall be deemed to include stowage in a container, and “employees” shall not include independent contractors).
Where a loss results from improper packing, but the claim is covered because the packing was not performed by the party presenting the claim for payment or its employees, it is the duty of the Assured to assist Underwriters in recovery efforts against responsible parties. It is further understood that no future claims shall be recoverable under this Policy that arises from improper packing performed by the same person or entity unless additional shipment(s) have already departed from the same shipper when improper packing is first discovered.
- Electrical, electronic and/or mechanical derangement unless the Assured can demonstrate that such damage is the result of a peril insured against;
- Shipments on chartered vessels that are not classed A1 American Record or equivalent by a member of the International Association of Classification Societies; chartered vessels over 40 years of age; vessels on break-up voyages; chartered barges; vessels built for service on the Great Lakes; vessels built solely for Military or Naval Service; or vessels built for carriage of dry bulk or liquid bulk cargoes, and which are more than 20 years of age;
- Any accident occurring while rolling stock cargo is being driven under its power or being towed on its wheels, except during loading and unloading and positioning by the steamship line.
Sanctions Limitation & Exclusion Clause
No (re)insurer shall be deemed to provide cover and no (re)insurer shall be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose that (re)insurer to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
Claim Filing Requirements
Initial Claim Reporting
Claim Pre-Screening Process Support
https://route.com/, download app for faster response